Thanks for your help.
I'll give it a shot.
I really appreciate the tip about testing the catalyst.
At least I wont ruin the paint if only the catalyst is bad.
I'm assuming this is caused by moisture?
 
I have a half gallon of Concept 2020 left over and so that’s why I'm clearing everything.
Do they even make 2020 any more?
Probably been superseded by something newer.
 
BTW all this stuff is going on engine parts and the engine compartment of my wife's 55 Thunderbird.
Please don’t flame me.
 
Besides, all the stuff on hand is left over from the same treatment I gave my Chevelle a few years back.
My wife wants her Bird engine compartment to look as nice as the Chevelle.
 
She even wanted and got a new Griffin aluminum radiator for Christmas for the Bird.
Diamonds?  Hell no she wants car parts!
How cool is that.
 
I'll let you know how it works out.
 
Thanks again for your response.
 
Bob Belz
 
 
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Looking for auto paint sites

ok lol ppg will tell you not to do this,but as long as the paint you are going over is really cured well and you dont break through i would do it hell really what do ya got to lose i have sprayed 2020 over lacqur  now i gotta say if it is metallic paint you need plenty of time between coats for the solvents to escape or you will get solvent pop(little bubbles looks like fish eyes or pinholes)also it depends on the enviroment you are painting in, if a solid color i have to ask why would you clear it? but as for your  orig question if ya got the paint i would use it i have done  scarrier things with good results the main thing is the age of the hardner or catalast that does not keep very well and can ruin a can of paint  you can test by pouring some clear in a cup and pouring in some hardner then stir virgously for a min or so then let it sit for a bit and see if the clear turns cloudy then it is no good ,if it stays clear then you are ok

Reply via email to