did
you take the lower shock bolts off? if not it could be
that.
Have
Fun
André
-----Original Message-----Front or rear? I'm having trouble seeing where installing 1 spring would cause problems with the other in either front or rear. Rears possibly, if one installed spring is pushing the axle down, causing the other side of the axle to raise. But still, jacking under the installed spring to shorten it would raise the other side and make room for the second spring. more details please.
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Schaefer
Sent: 17. november 2005 21:04
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Rear Deck Lid Springs
On 11/17/05, Daniel Solomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Need some help putting the springs back in my 70. One was broken when I got the car. I pulled the other when I was blasting the body, now for the life of me I can't get them back in.
I made the tool that is described in the Fisher Body manual and installed spring #1 which has the rubber sleeve. The second one is the problem. With spring #1 in the correct position I can't install #2 because #1 is in the way.
Dan Solomon
Never be afraid to try something new.
An Amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.
http://www.freewebs.com/chevelles1970/
--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino

