Dan, I have a Flaming River polished tilt column in my 64 Tempest. I am completely satisfied with it in everyway. The tilt locks very positive, it has a great feel and looks good. Herb probably just torn his up. He is kinda rough on equipment.
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Mascheck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'The Chevelle Mailing List'" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 7:29 PM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Steering column & steering unit!


Herb, I wonder if it was just the one steering column which was defective?
Curious!

 Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Herb Lumpp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:10 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Steering column & steering unit!

Hi Dan,

I have a Flaming River in my El and for the most part it's decent.  The
thing I don't like about it is the tilt mechanism.  Back when I had manual
steering while trying to manuveure at low speed such as parking, the
steering wheel would ocasionally pop out of the tilt position it was in. I
have power steering now so it doesn't happen as often.  I may replace it
down the road with a different brand.

Herb Lumpp
http://users.adelphia.net/~hlump/index.htm


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dan Mascheck
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Steering column & steering unit!



Question number 5. It looks like I may upgrade my steering column. What does
everyone recommend? Flaming River, Ididit, something else?

I plan on upgrading my steering unit to a 12:1. Do you get someone to
rebuild it to spec or buy a new one? Also from whom?

 Dan Mascheck










--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.4/175 - Release Date: 11/18/2005




Reply via email to