Good point. I really don't need a heater down here anyway I suppose. I suppose I could live with an ambient temp defroster for times when I need defrost... Anybody make electric heaters to fit our heater boxes???
 
I'm OK with less coolant capacity too. I put in a huge aluminum radiator and two pull fans. I should be alright.
 
Larry Shouse
----- Original Message -----
From: Dale
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Heater Hose Routing - 66 Chevelle

Could be there are no provisions for a heater hose since they’re primarily used for racing although they might be streetable.  If there isn’t a heater provision, no heater/defroster and a loss of coolant capacity.

Dale McIntosh
67 El Camino
1967 Chevelle Reference CD
http://www.chevellecd.com
ACES #1709/TC Gold #92


From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Larry Shouse
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:39 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Heater Hose Routing - 66 Chevelle

 

Dale,

 

After reading your email, I went to their site too, and found nothing for heater hoses. Under "related items", they show adaptors to adapt the 3/4" opening to the size you want to run for your bottom radiator hose, and that's about it. When I got that thing, I decided I'll cross this bridge when I get to it, and here I am...

 

I'm thinking one of the hoses can go to one of the water passage plug on the intake, but I have no clue where to tap the other one.

 

Larry Shouse 

----- Original Message -----

From: Dale

Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:27 PM

Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Heater Hose Routing - 66 Chevelle

 

Larry,

 

Looking at their instructions online,  “Apply a small amount of thread sealant to the pipe threads on the water pump hose adaptors. Install hose.”  Is there no provision for a heater hose fitting?

Dale McIntosh
67 El Camino
1967 Chevelle Reference CD
http://www.chevellecd.com
ACES #1709/TC Gold #92


From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Larry Shouse
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:03 PM
To: Chevelle List
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Heater Hose Routing - 66 Chevelle

 

I have a 396 with an Edlebrock Performer RPM Airgap intake and a CRS 900C billet aluminum electric water pump - with no inlets or outlets other than the bottom radiator hose. Can someone tell me how I need to plum the heater hoses?

 

Thanks,

Larry Shouse

Reply via email to