Kevin Riel
I'm in the process of restoring the power brake booster for my '68 El
Camino, SBC. I always thought they had a LIGHT zinc-cad finish on them.
This one had black paint put on it years ago (hey, I was in high school
back then), so as I stripped the black paint off with paint remover I was
expecting to see a zinc-cad finish. What I found was bare metal, without a
trace of any type of zinc-cad finish. It was way too many years ago when I
applied the black paint to know for sure what was under it at that time, but
I'm confused now. I did find a zinc-cad finish on the master cylinder cover
after I stripped the same black paint off of it, however the booster doesn't
even appear to ever have had that type of finsh. Did they come from the
factory with a blackout on them, or bare metal finish?
- [Chevelle-list] 68 Power Brake Booster finish Kevin Riel
- Re: [Chevelle-list] 68 Power Brake Booster finish Bill Lessenberry

