|
Yep,they do. That makes their credibility
just a little suspect in my book.
I've never had an issue with eBay,,,,yet. Came
close a few times,though. But,it only takes one time.
----- Original Message -----
They do? I guess I wasn't
away. Either way, 5 years of using PayPal for purchases and sales, and
never have had an issue.
--
I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, Than live my
life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is. -author unknown
Ten Commandments -- The real reason that we can't have the Ten
Commandments in a Courthouse is that you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not
Steal", Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full
of lawyers, judges and politicians! It creates a hostile work environment.
Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
TREMEC Distributor at http://www.5speedTransmissions.com
Team Chevelle member #1778 (Gold), ACES member #1377
Hoosier State Chevelle Assoc (http://www.IndianaChevelles.com) #6
Clint
Hooper wrote:
What would you expect eBay to say about
paypal,Mike? They own it,don't they? Sorry
but I'll trust my personal banker any day of the week over two entities that
have screwed people numerous times.
It's your money,though.
-----
Original Message -----
I'd have to disagree with Clint, I've used PayPal for a lot
of sales (as much as $4,000 per sale) for several years, and I've never
had an issue. And Ebay discourages the use of cash or cash
wire transfers. I lifted this from their site at http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment.html
Important: eBay does not recommend cash or cash wire
transfers as a payment method. If you pay by cash, you do not receive
protection under the eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program. You also
do not retain any proof of your payment, and will have little to no remedy
for transaction problems.
Paying with Pay Pal
-
PayPal is the preferred payment method for most eBay buyers and
sellers. PayPal enables you to send payments quickly and securely online
using a credit card or bank account. However, you should first check
that the seller offers PayPal as a payment method for their listing.
-
When you select PayPal as the payment method, you go to the PayPal
site, where you can send your payment. If you do not already have a
PayPal account, you can sign up for an account. At PayPal, you can
choose how you would like to fund your PayPal payment (for example,
using a checking account, credit card, or PayPal balance) and then send
the payment. If you use PayPal, the seller may require a credit card
billing address registered at PayPal, sometimes called a "confirmed"
address.
Advantages
-
Payment is traceable. You can track the status of your payment using
My eBay or your PayPal account.
-
Is immediate and convenient. You pay directly from the item listing
page and payment is deposited directly into the seller's account.
-
Does not require you to use your credit card online (you can transfer
directly from your bank account). Sellers don't see your credit card
number (it is safely encrypted through PayPal's server), which limits
the risk of unauthorized use.
-
Offers PayPal Buyer Protection on qualifying items - up to $1,000 in
free coverage. Additional limited protection is offered through PayPal's
Money Back Guarantee.
--
I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, Than live my
life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is. -author unknown
Ten Commandments -- The real reason that we can't have the Ten
Commandments in a Courthouse is that you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not
Steal", Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full
of lawyers, judges and politicians! It creates a hostile work environment.
Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
TREMEC Distributor at http://www.5speedTransmissions.com
Team Chevelle member #1778 (Gold), ACES member #1377
Hoosier State Chevelle Assoc (http://www.IndianaChevelles.com) #6
Larry
Shouse wrote:
Thanks Clint. I think a wire transfer
really makes good sense.
Larry
-----
Original Message -----
Sent:
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:13 PM
Subject:
Re: [Chevelle-list] OT - Car Sale Question
I wouldn't trust paypal as far as I could
spit,Larry. An electronic wire transfer of funds with your
banker involved in the process is the only way I would proceed. Sold a
turbo CBX Honda to a customer in Western Australia awhile back and
that's how I handled that transaction.
That way,you are both
protected.
-----
Original Message -----
I have a 1950 Studebaker listed on eBay
for sale. An eBay member contacted me saying he is from Norway, and
would like to bid on the car. He has 40+ positive feedbacks and no
negatives, and is willing to pay for the car through Paypal in full,
and will hire a car transport company to pick up the vehicle once
I'm satisfied with the payment.
I've heard of some scams involving
buyers from overseas. What's your thoughts?
Thanks,
Larry
Shouse
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database: 268.5.5/334 - Release Date: 5/8/2006
Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database:
268.5.5/334 - Release Date: 5/8/2006
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database: 268.5.5/334 - Release Date: 5/8/2006
Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.392 / Virus Database:
268.5.5/334 - Release Date: 5/8/2006
|