Johnnie,
 
In the last three weeks, I trailered a  1970 GMC 1500 truck 600 miles and a Chevy C10 long bed 750 miles with my Avalanche 1500 truck with a 5.3. I'm not sure what your F-150 or the C-20 weighs, but the number one safety rule to consider is not to tow something weighing more than the tow vehicle. Another very important consideration is properly loading the truck onto the trailer so that you have proper tongue weight.
 
Take a few minutes to read this trailering article
 
 
You may already know most of this stuff. If so, it's a great refresher so you don't forget anything. Have a safe trip.
 
Larry Shouse
 
 
 
 -----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 6:22 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Off Topic...Towing

Folk's...
 
Some of you remember the saga of my Brother's struggle with cancer, one of which he lost 4 years ago. That said...
 
I need opinions on the safety, and probability of using a well conditioned mid 90's F-150 with a 5.8...a new tandem axle trailer with brakes...and the aforementioned Brother's last project...a ' 72 Chevy C-20 Long Bed. The Distance is a tad over 1200 miles...
 
I am simply gaining opinion and not asking for help in the haul.
 
Thank's for any words/encouragement.
 
Johnnie
Team Chevelle # 145
'  72 Chevelle SS
"Cheaptrick"

Reply via email to