|
Aftermarket a/c or factory a/c? First thing I would
do is make sure the fan clutch is functioning properly. It might be getting
weak.
Your problem sounds like insufficient airflow.
----- Original Message -----
Normally runs at 180, but in hot wx with AC on in stop and go traffic
or idling too long it will creep up past 210 b4 I shut the AC off and let it
cool down. Running factory air. Think I need to get more water
through it. ..Denny
From: "Clint Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sounds like you have a good set-up there,Denny.
How hot is it getting now? I'm running basically the same stuff except for a
Vintage Air Frontrunner serpentine set-up and with a 160 degree
thermostat,mine almost runs too cool. Need to install a 195 thermo before
Winter.
----- Original Message -----
Hi Clint;
Full factory shroud, factory 7 blade, clutch replaced several years ago
when the Radiator was rodded & tanked. Put in a bottle of
Redline water wetter and reduced antifreeze to 30 % (vs 50).. haven't
driven it in hot weather since.. Denny
From: "Clint Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Do you have the factory shroud? What type
fan blade? Fan Clutch?
----- Original Message -----
Having some minor overheating problems with my 71 sbc
during hot wx, air cond on, in traffic..etc Earlier in the
summer there were some discussion/recommendations on high flow
pumps. Could you repeat plz? Will probably be a winter project.
Thanks,
Denny
|
- Re: [Chevelle-list] SBC Water Pump Clint Hooper
-