Make that tire "pay" for being flat! With a carb
working, it's time to burn some rubber.......Woo-hoo
mike

--- Pelle Chevelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi!
> 
>  
> 
> As some of you might remember I’ve always (more or
> less) had a problem with
> hesitation
> and that it lately began to die when put in drive.
> 
>  
> 
> >From the beginning the hesitation problem was due
> to a gasket that partly
> blocked the
> hole between the acc pump & metering block
> (discovered that when I
> examined the old gasket a few days ago).
> And it’s been like this since I bought the car a few
> years ago!
> 
>  
> 
> Then I discovered that threads in the old fuel bowl
> was trashed and I
> replaced
> my old 4165 fuel bowl with a new 4150 fuel bowl. A
> few days ago I realized
> that
> the same hole in the fuel bowl now was misaligned
> with the hole in the
> metering block
> 
> which made the flow to the squirter nozzles even
> poorer than from the
> beginning.
> 
> Manufacturing failure or model differences? I don’t
> know? I was told the
> fuel bowl was
> 
> supposed to be “bolt on” even though the carb was a
> 4165 & the fuel bowls
> was for a 4150.
> 
>  
> 
> Anyway!
> 
> Now I’ve modified the 4150 fuel bowl acc pump hole
> to align with the
> metering block
> and I’ve changed all gaskets, jets & Idling screws.
> 
> The response now when I floor it is awesome, and the
> primary squirter
> squirts like a
> “supersoaker” :-) And the problem whith the car
> stalling when I put her in
> drive is gone!
> 
> At last! 
> 
>  
> 
> But as usual “Mr Murphy” showed up and gave me a
> flat tire when I did the
> test run around the block :-(
> 
>  
> 
> Best Regards
> Pelle
> 
> 


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

Reply via email to