  From: langus
  To: Chevelle Chat Forum
  Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:37 PM
  Subject: [Chevelle-list] Front wheel bearings

  I just got "done" installing the new front wheel bearings and after tightning
everything down I can still move the rotor from side to side...is this normal?
I dont have the calipers mounted yet so that may make a difference but it sure
seems like it move a lot more than it should.  Is this normal or am I maybe
missing something?

  My rebuild manual says:
  "With a drum brake adjusted for no drag or a disc brake with the caliper
removed, it's normal to have a slight amount of play detectable in the bearing.
"

  Mine just seems excessive....

  Thanks
  Ryan