You don't have a compression issue. Those are respectable numbers. Look for
your oil consumption problem in the heads.
Mike Holleman
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Johnny Palmer
  Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 12:22 PM
  Subject: [Chevelle-list] Compression Test

  I did a compression test on my small block 327..all the cylinders turned up
to be very close with the lowest being 152 psi and the highest being 155
psi...I can't find a reference anywhere to see if these numbers are within
specs or are too low....Can anyone help me out..???..My engine is burning a
little bit of oil and I suspect the valve guides are worn but wanted to do a
compression test to check the condition of the rings...
  John
  66 Malibu
  327 4 speed