Be sure and disconnect your battery first - :*)

 

Dale McIntosh

 <http://www.chevellecd.com> ChevelleCD.com - 1966/67 Chevelle Reference CDs

ChevelleStuff.com <http://www.chevellestuff.com> 

 <http://www.chevellecd.com>  

 

  _____  

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Larry Shouse
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:41 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] O/T...Nova problem

 

If you reach up under the dash with one hand and feel around the switch, you
will find a shaft sticking out with a round head on it like a small
mushroom. It will be spring loaded. You have to press this shaft in while
you either pull the shaft out in front. It should release the entire
triangular shaft and knob. I can't remember the exact sequence, but find the
little "button" on the back befinf the dash and play with it as you work
your headlight switch - you'll get it.

 

Larry Shouse

----- Original Message ----
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 4:32:29 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] O/T...Nova problem

Hey all,

Im working on a 67 Nova right now. I need to replace the headlight switch,
but I can't figure out how to get it out. There is a threaded bolt, that has
a hole in the middle that physically holds the switch the dash. I got that
loose, so now the switch flops around, but my problem is the knob. It
doesn't have a set screw or something like that to hold it on. It has that
triangular shaped rod, with the knob on one end and the other end going into
the switch. I *think* its like a 68 Chevelle switch, which I have no idea
how to get apart either. I'd greatly appreciate it if somebody could help me
out! Thank you!

-Tim

  _____  

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from
AOL at  <http://www.aol.com/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000437> AOL.com.

 



  _____  

avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Outbound message clean. 


Virus Database (VPS): 000767-3, 08/21/2007
Tested on: 8/21/2007 4:37:58 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2007 ALWIL Software.


Reply via email to