That's one thing about my current system that's
probably working out as a "good" thing- since it's not
sealed real well right now, all the moisture drains
out on the floor in my garage!!  8^]

I appreciate everyone' input on this, thanks so much.
I saw the Pypes setup in either my Jegs or Summit
catalog, and knew nada about their stuff, so it's good
to hear some feedback on it.

And I guess you guys are concluding from me talking
about an exhaust swap, that I decided NOT to trade the
car   8^]  The exhaust thing has been the biggest
thing bumming me out about the vehicle, so if I can
get that resolved I think I'll be in a much better
place.

Regards,

Jim

--- John Nasta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OTOH, I've had Flowmasters on my 69 El Camino for
> about 4 years, and
> it is a driver that I park on the street and drive
> in all kinds of
> weather, and everything is fine. No signs of rust or
> rot anywhere.
>
> Maybe just the fact that I drive it more often keeps
> the water from
> sitting in there long enough to do damage. Leaving a
> car sitting (esp.
> in this kind of weather) is probably bad for just
> about any muffler.
>
> Just throwing out an alternative experience. Your
> results may vary.
>
> John
>

> Quoting Tom Rightler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > The Flowmaster kit was easy to install on my 70,
> however, after 6
> > years and less than 20K miles, the mufflers blew
> out on the bottom
> > from moisture collecting and now they need to be
> replaced.  The
> > pipes themselves are not in that great of shape
> either and this is
> > on a car that doesn't go out in the rain.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.