The Hotchkis bar has grease fittings. I have never noticed any squeeking from it.
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eduardo (Eddie) Gamino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 8:41 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Please help! Sway bar information

To anyone who can help me out:

I tried to find the answer in other forums, but had no luck. I'm having difficulties about finding the right appropriate size and brand of sway bar to choose from that will fit my application and that will not do me vehicle more harm than good. I was looking at the hotchkis bars, but they use polyurethane bushings and I don't really want to deal with the squeaking. I'm thinking about getting the 1 1/4" or the 1 3/8" front bar. Then later on get the rear 1" sway bar. Would this be a good set up or is it too much? For the Hotchkis bars, I heard that some have had their sway bars break since they are made as hollow. Is this correct? I believe GP superstore is giving a 20% discount on Hotchkis parts. Also, some car owners have suggested that OPGI has good heat treated sway bars. Does any one know of these bars being worth the buy?

I use my 1970 chevelle as a street driver car, which has a 350 engine, 350 tranny, rebuilt 12 bolt 3.47 non-posi rear end, with some high performance parts here and there. I bought the lower box rear control arms from Ground Up. Most of the front suspension is of Moog parts and have front and rear Hotchkis springs with KYB shocks up front and Monroe shocks at rear. My car never sees the track, since it's not built as a racing car. However, if it helps, later on I will beef up the engine to a 383 in the future.

I have never had that experience driving with any sway bar, front or rear, that I don't know how it feels. Some people say it's better and you can really feel the difference than without one. Some also say to never drive on the streets without one. I don't have one and I drive on the streets all the time. I mean, I do feel that "lean" feel on the car that people talk about. So, should I invest in a pair of sway bars after all? I'm all for any improvments in my driving handling. Bottom line, can anyone please point me in the right direction with specific choices in helping me choose the right combination of size for the front and rear sway bars and what brand out of many is the best for me? It will be highly appreciated. thanks
-Eddie

--
Got No Time? Shop Online for Great Gift Ideas!
http://mail.shopping.com/?linkin_id=8033174