From: John Nasta <6...@johnnasta.com>
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] SB lifter question
To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Date: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 12:16 AM

So, the story is I had a collapsed lifter as I suspected and also a broken
intake valve spring that I didn't know about.

I also want to address the issue of adjusting valves. It was said here that
"turn until it stops tapping + 1/4 turn" was an old rule for solid lifters. It
was pointed out to me that with solid lifters, if you go the extra 1/4 turn you
are bound to bend a rod, because it has nowhere to go. Makes sense. So, the old
1/4 turn rule seems to be for hydraulic lifters only.

Thanks,
John Nasta