This message is forwarded to you by the editors of the Chiapas95
newslists.  To contact the editors or to submit material for posting send
to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

From: "Dana" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: IMC,La Jornada,Marcos in La Trinitaria, Chiapas,Jan 13
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:29:26 +0100

Marcos in La Trinitaria, Chiapas
Autor(a): Elio Henriquez, La Jornada
Fecha: Lunes 16 Enero 2006

Marcos in La Trinitaria, Chiapas
Elio Henriquez
La Jornada, January 13, 2006

Ejido Nuevo Villaflores, La Trinitaria, Chiapas, January 12th. Subcomandante
Marcos confirmed, that those governing and exploting the Mexican society
should go to jail or leave the country, because "it would be just, that the
people who assassinate, humiliate and deceive should be imprisoned, instead
of those who fight to change things for everyone". In an act marked by the
union of two antagonistic organizations in the frame of the Other Campaign,
and by the hardening of his speech, Delegado Zero said that as part of this
initiative the zapatistas had decided to march together and to unite forces
with different groups in order to transform the country.

"We don't only want to kick up a fuss, but to transform this country, and
the only proposal to transform it into something just, democratic and free
comes from the left". Although "there are certainly many different ways of
thinking of the left, there is also something that we have in common, the
enemy: Capitalism ".

In the morning Marcos traveled from Huixtla to this ejido near the border
with Guatemala, where he was awaited by hundreds of members of the
organizations Campesina Emiliano Zapata-Independiente y Democratica, and the
Proletaria Emiliano Zapata-Histo'rica, who are at odds which each other.

During the journey to Nuevo Villaflores Marcos observed the destruction
caused by the passage of hurrican Stan in communities along the highway from
Huixtla to Frontera Comalapa, such as Unio'n Villaflores, Belisario
Domi'nguez, Motozintla, Mazapa de Madero and Amatenango de la Frontera among
others, as well as the scant attention of the government to the victims.

Between Huixtla and Motozintla the caravan took a break of 40 minutes due to
a mechanical defect of one of the vehicles.

At about 16:00 the rebell commissioner arrived in the ejido, where he was
awaited by about 800 campesinos, wishing to show him their inconformity with
the high electrical tariffs, the explotation of resources by Petro'leos
Mexicanos, the lack of land and the imprisonment of some of their
compa~eros.

Here Marcos said, in order to change the situation, all forces had to unite
and build "a stronger and louder Ya Basta than the one on the 1st of January
1994, because we know that the ones who are giving us orders are not
Mexicans but foreigners, and this has to change".

He criticized once more the Pact of Chapultepec, because it is a "plan of
destruction, robbery and exploitation against the country", behind which the
rich class has united to turn the elections "into a circus and to choose who
is going to exploit us" with a false hope of the change. "The powerful ones,
the bourgeoisie and the politicians serving them, have tried all the time to
divide to us and to put us at odds with each other, simple people working
the fields, the machines and the small shops that make this country run", he
added.

"The powerful ones of this country have united behind the so called Pact of
Chapultepec, in order to formulate their plan of destruction, robbery,
exploitation and scorn against everyone", he maintained, but on the opposite
occurred what happened with the Other Campaign, "our organizations have
already decided to fraternize and to walk together".

The Sixth Declaration of the Selva Lacandona "means that we put our blood
and our life on stake for everyone", and this offer was no loner directed
"only to the zapatista indigenous communities, but also to the workers,
farmers and teachers all over this country", he explained.

Requested to speak for the release of the political prisoners, Delegado Zero
expressed that in this country "it is a crime to be poor and to struggle
against it". On the other hand "the great finqueros, the cattle dealers, the
great businesspeople, the great commercial centers, the great politicians,
who are those who command to assassinate, to jail, to repress, and who steal
millions of pesos, and sometimes are not even satisfied with pesos and want
dollars, stay free", but those fighting to change things are imprisoned. "We
say to all the compa~eros who are here and to the imprisoned companions who
are listening, that we will not abandon them there, that our fight is not
going to forget them and we will bring out their names everywhere and
mobilize our forces to demand justice", he declared.

"Justice would be, that those compa~eros and compa~eras were out of jail,
and those who govern us in the municipal presidencies, the state
governments, the Senate, the Houses of Representatives, the Presidency of
the Republic and the state ministries were jailed or had to leave the
country."