On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 01:44:48PM -0700, Kon Lovett wrote:
> In the "format-compiler-base" used by "error-utils" in "check-errors"
> situation nothing got linked, only packaged. Unless "errorf" is
> actually used then no linkage occurs. (And, at the time, the only
> module using "errorf" was "simple-units".)
>
> I'm just saying that in the "check-errors" package none of the other
> modules were actually exposed to the contagion from the GPL tainted
> "error-utils".

That may or may not be the case, but I think it's important to be
crystal clear in these matters.  For us hackers it's confusing, but
for companies it's probably a deal-breaker since they'd have to put
expensive lawyers on figuring out if that's indeed the case.

Anyway, thanks for fixing it so quickly!

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx