On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 11:38:44AM +0100, ko...@upyum.com wrote:
> megane <megan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's a small patch that makes some things compile a lot faster.
>
> This looks alright to me, but I don’t know that part of the compiler
> very well so please check that thoroughly. :)
>
> Here is the signed-off patch, as well as the results of profiling a very
> module heavy program.

Thanks to the both of you!  I have moved make-hash-table into support.scm
and removed the _test and _hash optional arguments because they're
unused.  Strictly speaking, so is the size (we never pass it in), but the
size is used in the procedure itself and it could be useful to change.

I've also replaced hash-table-exists? with hash-table-ref directly in
the cond, because it doesn't really add anything.  Also, the definition
is wrong, strictly speaking; if the hash table contains #f at the given
key, this definition of hash-table-exists? would return #f, which is
incorrect.

Cheers,
Peter