felix.winkelm...@bevuta.com writes:

>> Nothing changes if we statically assign these values, the user still
>> cannot rely on undefined to be either true or false.
>
> Once you give a fixed meaning, even by doing an optimization based
> on this meaning, users _will_ start to rely on it. At that stage it isn't
> undefined anymore.

There's two ways I can think of getting warnings, then.

a) Easy version. Randomly choose true or false at each if. Use some
method that keeps the builds deterministic. This wouldn't assign any
more fixed meaning for undefined than there currently is.

b) Add special code to handle undefined in ifs. Adds one more of those
type tree walkers. May not be entirely trivial. Any takers?