> > Interprocedural flow-analysis is hard, we shouldn't underestimate
> > this. What happens when we declare a type for a toplevel function?
>
> If you're thinking about reassigning globals, how about making
> -fixnum-arithmetic imply -local? If globals cannot be re-defined then
> the types are always correct.
>
> If fixnum-arithmetic is wanted for speed then -local is wanted anyway,
> not to mention global inlining.

I understand - but I'm wary of options implying other options. This makes
it hard to figure out the final set of applicable settings, in the name of
convenience
I have made this mistake often enough. If one wants speed, "-O<n>" is probably
the easiest and simplest way. Otherwise each option should have a single
effect only.

felix