At present, and to the best of my knowledge, there exists no similar
capacity in Chicken which uses *real* operating system-level
*thread*concurrency.

However, there are numerous eggs that will help with *process*-level
concurrency:

http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Unit%20posix
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/scsh-process
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/posix-shm
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/termite

There's a few more, but their names elude me at the moment. Try asking on
#chicken on irc.freenode.net

-Dan