I have just returned from vacation and have access to my Windows 10
machine again, and so can try out my setup.

Here's what I have done:

Install 64-bit MSYS2, launch bash using the MingW64 shell:

|https://msys2.github.io|

Install the necessary dependencies:

|pacman -Sy pacman -S mingw-w64-cross-toolchain base-devel
mingw64/mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake global|

Build and install Chicken:

|tar xf chicken-4.11.0.tar.gz; cd chicken-4.11.0 make PLATFORM=mingw-msys
make PLATFORM=mingw-msys install |

And now you have a Win64 build of Chicken.

Note that I also install and use Emacs this way, and interface with
Chicken through Geiser.

-Dan