I really like modules. I tend to use several per project, if not one per
file. However, when it comes time to compile an executable, I'd rather not
have 50 random .so files cluttering up the place. I've tried using
compilation units (which seems to be the endorsed method of compiling
multiple files together), but I can't get them to work with modules.

To compound the problem, whatever solution I end up with (if I do get a
solution) still has to work with interpreted code, because I'd rather not
wait a compilation cycle to test my code.

Can anybody help?