Ahoy!

I need to execute some untrusted code. A sandbox would be a good way to do
this. Conveniently, Chicken has just such an egg - the sandbox egg.

Unfortunately, sandbox was last touched in 2009 (AFAICT), and the similar
but slightly more recently updated environments egg (also by Felix) is
noted as being broken on more recent versions of Chicken.

So the question is, does Sandbox work? And if not, is there any working
alternatives, or other schemes that have working alternatives - I already
know about Racket, and no, Guile's sandboxes do not count as a working
alternative: at least, not for my purposes.