Hello,

A new day, some new questions. First up, Chicken version is 4.13.0.

For my wip egg, I'm trying to auto-generate docs with hahn.
This works fine as far as running hahn from command line is concerned. However, things fail when trying to invoke hahn through salmonella via setup-helper.

My .meta contains (depends hahn) and my .setup looks pretty much like in the example given on the hahn eggref. Running salmonella generates no
.wiki file. Checking salmonella.log reveals:

Error: (require) cannot load extension: alist-lib
Call history:
bin/hahn.scm:3: ##sys#require <--
Warning: Documentation not generated: shell command failed with nonzero exit status 17920:
  hahn -o xmkit.wiki xmkit.scm
This may be because hahn-utils is not installed.

Obviously hahn-utils is installed, otherwise I couldn't run hahn from command line. So let's check that alist-lib. chicken-install alist-lib gives me:

The following installed extensions are outdated, because `alist-lib' requires later versions:
  hahn (0.5.3 -> 0.9.3)

Do you want to replace the existing extensions? (yes/no/abort) [no]

Uh, what? Ok, let's replace hahn. Afterwards I also need to reinstall hahn-utils because "updating" hahn appearantly removes it. Now, running salmonella again still results in the same error. And likewise, another chicken-install alist-lib will still complain about hahn being outdated.
Note that alist-lib is actually installed and usable from csi.

So, any way I can get out of this loop? Am I missing anything?

I'm not subscribed to hahn, in any case. But I do want to auto-generate pretty-looking wiki pages (with rainbow parens, yay!) from in-source documentation, if possible.

Also a slightly related question, is it possible to pass the salmonella's documentation step when linting locally, or does the documentation need to be available in the svn repo?

Thanks in advance,
-Heinz