Hey Jeff,

> I'm wondering if anybody has gotten static compiles to work with any
> of the following eggs: postgresql, sqlite3, or sql-de-lite?

The difference between these eggs and everything else are foreign
dependencies they link against.  Normally you'd link against a shared
library provided by your OS, however for static linking you'd need to
have a statically linked version of that library around.  The details
depend on your OS, on Arch Linux for instance one can set the
`staticlibs` option in a PKGBUILD to not strip static libraries obtained
from the build (which means that the build should produce one, the
details of which depend very much on the package and its build system).

Alternatively, if the library they link against is small enough to be
shipped with the egg, the bundled sources could be compiled instead.
The sql-de-lite egg *should* support this mode of operation, I didn't
test it though when porting it.

> [...]

Note how this fails at the linking stage.  In other words, no suitable
version of the library providing the symbols has been found.

Vasilij