As mentioned in the coding jam I put together a chicken bundle including
the iup egg ready to go outside the box. It turns out that my assertion
that it worked was wrong. I tested by running csi and was able to load iup
and create a button and I assumed that if this worked then so would
compilation with csc. Not so. While a little script hackery could swizzle
the full paths in the .info files for eggs I don't think there is any way
to change the paths in compiled binaries such as csc.

I really would like to be able to make a relocatable build system to enable
us to use chicken in our ever more constrained compute environment.

The directories are all pointing to the original install directory. E.g.
> strings csc | less
_edata
__bss_start
_end
/home/matt/buildall/ck5.2/lib
GLIBC_2.3
GLIBC_2.2.5

Any suggestions or ideas on how to work around this?

Thanks,
Matt
--
Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated.
It is hard to keep things simple. - Richard Branson.