The pup feels it's space is being threatened and it seems also that the dog might be a bit put out by riding. I mean frightened by strangers coming up to it's restricted world.
 
I would take the dog with me a good bit and arrange to have people come up to the vehicle and speak to her, "Easy it is okay etc" if she tries to bite tell her know and pull her back. Let her get the idea that unless someone unwelcomed tries to get in the car she doesn't need to "protect it" The same drill at home. 
 
 This is a socialization problem, none of my dogs have it but we socialized them as pups and took them on rides and the trouble didn't come up later. Ones I  had before did have the problem and well we solved it the way I described. Remember dogs need consistant, and clear rules. A firm "hand" but consistant be it my 100lb mix breed or my Chihuahuas they need a fixed playing field just like a 2 year old. That way they know the limits.
 
Rabbit
 
Meddle not in the Affairs of Dragons, for Thou Art Crunchy and Taste Good with Catsup or BBQ Sauce
 
Liberty Hill, SC Elevation 571 ft  Lat 34.478N by 80.802W
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Byler
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 5:21 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Need Your Suggestions

Hello everybody,
 
We are having more behavioral problems with Lacey.  With your help we finally have the cat taken care of.  However, now Lacey is barking, growling, and nipping at people.  The problem is all the worse when she is traveling in the van/truck with us.  Just today I had Lacey's window partially open when a boy approached the truck asking for money to help his school.  Had I not grabbed firmly to her harness, I believe Lacey would have bitten the boy.  Does anybody have any suggestions on how we can break her of this nasty habit?  Thank you in advance for any help you can give us on this.
 
Jim, Teresa, and Lacey


Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.

" Lets talk about man's best friend!
Join today! "





" Lets talk about man's best friend!
Join today! "



Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT
click here


Yahoo! Groups Links

Reply via email to