Hello again, Allison:
I seems to me you are taking all the necessary steps as Rory's guardian. While the breeder is correctly taking termporary responsibility, I still have a personal problem with selling ($$$$$) pups who are way under the generally acceptable age of 12 weeks.
Like in life, Allsion, follow the money trail.
Stay in touch, Bill Faulds, volunteer, Saddleback Valley Humane Society & SPCA
Allison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Allison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The vet wanted me to visit a vet cardiology and get some x-rays and
tests done on her chest, to see if his prognosis was even correct.
(Though he is pretty sure it is). Then, from there he said that I
should find out what is wrong.
I contacted the breeder just to let her know of this issue - and she
was really upset for me. She had no idea that there was anything wrong
with them, as she has bred before and the other puppies have been
completely fine. She has decided that it was unfair of her to sell her
to me without running these prior tests and doesn't think I should
have to pay for the extra expenses for the exam so she has given me
the money back on the pup. She currently now has Rory and will be
taking her in to her vet for a 2nd opinion - as well as to the
cardiologist for a formal diagnosis.
She will than, give her to me simply as a gift for all the trouble
that this has caused. I have in fact googled the disease - and it does
not sound as bad as the vet made it out to be, but in combination with
eachother, maybe that was the issue. I have no idea - I do not feel
that he was telling me everything so the second opinion and official
one from the cardiologist may help quite a bit.
She is refusing to sell any of the current puppies until each of the
puppies are checked for the same possible defect - which I applaud her
for doing so. I was surprised on the first hand that I got Rory so
young (at 8 weeks), rather than a good 12.
Thank you for your advice! I am still seeking out research on the
defects so I may be further knowledgable in the future.
Allison
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:12:16 -0800 (PST), William Faulds
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hello Allison:
>
> I saw your first post yesterday and had some concerns.
>
> Now, after seeing your post today, I would like to offer some random
> thoughts. I am not a veterinarian. These are only my thoughts:
>
> 1. Get Rory to the specialist ASAP. What did your vet recommend for Rory
> until you could get her to the specialist?
>
> 2. Go to Google and search the possible disease entity. For example, type
> in "mitral valve malformation in canines" and go from there. This should
> provide you with a more informed basis to make future decisions about Rory's
> well-being. In other words, you are going in with your head up.
>
> 3. It's too late now, but I must ask why Rory was weaned at or before 8
> weeks old? Seems young to me. I am not an expert. Does the breeder
> know/care that he/she might be selling little critters with possile
> congenital defects? That should be addressed at the appropriate point in
> time.
>
> Allison, I know this won't help much now, but maybe it is a starting point.
> Our hearts are with Rory and you.
>
> Stay in touch, Bill F., volunteer, Saddleback Valley Humane Society & SPCA
>
>
> Allison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have just come back from the first visit to the vet. He is pretty
> sure that Rory has a mitral valve malformation and a Atrial Septal or
> Ventricular Septal Defect. I am at loss as to what to do. I have
> contacted the breeder, but I am sure she is probably at work right now
> and will call me later.
>
> I have been told to take her into a Vet Radiologist to get the full
> diagnosis - but if this is true.. what should I expect? She is only 8
> weeks old - is this a "put to sleep" type of situation? Is this a
> situation that can be managed with a daily pill or medicine? Is this a
> situation in which she'll be okay for a good 5 years or so but may not
> last a full 10-15 years as other fellow adults?
>
> I need help - please send this email through. It's really important
> that I get the advice from fellow chihuahua owners..
>
> Allison
>
>
> " Lets talk about man's best friend!
> Join today! "
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
>
> " Lets talk about man's best friend!
> Join today! "
>
>
> ________________________________
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
--
Allison
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
407-797-5558
A vanta as m�r� orelyar!
" Lets talk about man's best friend!
Join today! "
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'
" Lets talk about man's best friend!
Join today! "
Yahoo! Groups Links
- To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

