Hi,
I'm Kathy and I have a Chihuahua, Mollie, who is 1 1/2. 
It sounds like we've been through what some of you are asking about - the potty training - and I just read about the little one who fell off the recliner.
 
I wouldn't give any real medical advice here..but I think I would call my veterinarian and if I couldn't do that, I would take him to the nearest veterinary clinic/hospital. I live in MA and we have Tufts Small Animal Hospital that is open all the time. 
 
Our dog fell or we weren't sure what happened, but she began lying around and it wasn't her normal personality either. I took her to be examined, it was during the day, and it turned out that she has a femur that doesn't sit properly into her hip joint. They weren't sure but thought she might have jumped off something and bruised her leg, and they 'gave' me some medication for pain - Metacam, I think it was..and also, said to start her on Cosequin (sp?)...a 'dog's glucosamine/chondroitin' to see if that would help her joint. They didn't want to do surgery on her leg if the glu-chon. worked.....I think I really need to check into what can be done for her leg and decide if it should be done. They told me a couple of things that could be done and neither sounded like 'fun' to me.
I am not pleased that the person who sold Mollie to me was dishonest about her having a condition I didn't know about when we selected her. But, of course! We wouldn't trade her for anything now!
    Good Luck with your hurting baby and will be reading to see what happens.
Kathy
and Mollie:)
Who is white with a black spot on her back and has little freckles on her face and a brown spots around her eyes and ears. 


" Lets talk about man's best friend!
Join today! "



Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT
click here


Yahoo! Groups Links

Reply via email to