Ok I don't write often but I need to put my two cents in also. I quit work when my children came along and didn't go back to work until both were in school. Then I became a substitue teacher so that I could be with my children. I took them to school and even sometimes taught their class. When both my children hit Middle School I was still substituting until they both got sick and went on homebound for more than half the school year. I couldn't work then because I was running both children back and forwards to doctors and having test run and physical therapy. The next year I decided to homeschool and that has been the best thing I could have ever done for my children and my own nerves. My children have always been around animals and know how to treat them but you wouldn't believe some of the things that I have seen and heard from other school children. I now have 6 chi's all given to me and they all have been mistreated in some ways or another. Some by children and others by
adults. One of the Chi's has taken up with my daughter that is 13 and follows her ever where she goes and whines if she can't find her. I have only two out of the 6 that like my husband because the others were mistreated by a man. I have 3 that are terrified of my 15 year old boy because of being mistreated. I am lucky that all of them like me and 4 are really my babies.Four out of the 6 bark and run and hide when people come over cause they are scared to death.I have 2 that wants to bite and have to be very cautious when my neices come down because they were mistreated by children. The last one I got was about 4 weeks ago and I was only supposed to be baby sitting for a friend when she went to Florida but, this Chi fell in love with my son and wouldn't leave his side.He follows him everywhere and whines even when he goes to the shower and sits outside the door until he comes back out. So the lady let him have him. Not because she didn't love him but because when she got him he was
sickly and had been mistreated. She said she didn't have the heart to take him away from my son that has bonded with the dog so much. She said she didn't think it would be fair to the dog since he had already been through so much. She does come and visit him though so she knows he is taken care of.This dog was mistreated by children and it was amazing that he took up with my son so well . My son has taught this dog that not all kids are bad but its going to take alot for him to get used to other kids especially small children. We cannot expect kids to respect animals if their parents don't teach them. Not only do these children not respect animals they don't respect people either.I have seen elementary students kick and slap and curse their teachers and other students and their parents didn't punish them at all. Believe me I have a new respect for teachers and what they have to put up with since I walked in their shoes.
Sheri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Venus, you're lucky to have kids that are good with animals. I used to
witness kids doing stupid and mean things to animals when I had my
horse at a boarding stable. There were some really good kids that were
responsible and very kind to the horses and other animals. One little
girl that I knew grew up and went to vet school! She is one of the few
I would trust with my horse. Unfortunately, I've observed mostly
bratty kids that terrorize animals though.
> Ok my turn to add my 2 cents worth...
>
> I have two boys ages 7 & 12... they do wonderful with our Chi. Always
> have.
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "Chihuahuas" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
Join today! "
SPONSORED LINKS
| Breed charm dog italian | Dog breed gift | Dog breed jewelry |
| Dog breed charm | Dog breed flag | Dog breed t shirt |
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
- Visit your group "Chihuahuas" on the web.
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

