oh definitely gotta weigh the pros and cons of any type of medical
treatment. For me personally, the cons highly outweigh the pros. I am not
an outdoorsy person myself and my chis are never around water, ect...so
the risk is low for us and since I have experienced a reaction to the
lepto...one of my pups swelled to the point it looked like a shar
pei....for me, it isn't worth the risk of the vacination as compared to
the risk of getting lepto.

I would recommend that you give your chis a dose of benedryle PRIOR to
getting their shots too...just to be safe....

MArsha

> I was one who was really leery of giving lepto to my chi's.. Then I
> found out it is pretty prevalant in my area. Mine going camping and such
> with me so they get the lepto now too.. I keep baby aspirin and benadryl
> on hand for them.. The bigger chi always has a small reaction to his
> shots, much like an infant does, so he gets treated as soon as we get
> home from the vets.. The little girl has no reaction at all.. Lol.. But
> that said they are both fine and dandy within 24 hrs..
>
> So I would find out how prevalent lepto is in your area before making
> the decision not to give it..
>
> Huggles
> Pat in OK
>
>
>
>
> -------Original Message-------
>
> From: [email protected]
> Date: 7/14/2010 10:55:24 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] 5 way shot/Myrtle
>
> keeping her in prayers. I give the 5-way...well my vet does, lol...it
> is
 the 7 way you have to be careful with when it comnes to chis.....the
> 7-way
 includes the lepto vacination and it is the lepto that most chis
> will have
 a reaction too if they are gonna.....I never give lepto to my
> pups and my
 vet orders the 5 way just for me because he gives the 7 way
> to his other
 clients
> MArsha
>
>> Ok...i just talked to the breeder...she had gone ahead and given the
>> shot to  Myrtle about 2 hours ago. In it was what Darinda had
>> thought:
 <<<<The 5 way  usually contains distemper, parvovirus,
>> adenovirus,
 Hepatitis and Parainfluenza  (5 way).>>>>...so far no
>> reaction and she
 is doing well. She got a little sleepy  right after
>> but now she is up
 playing and eating. She is gonna keep me posted as
>> things go through
 the day and evening. Whether it was the best way to
>> go or not  it
 doesn't matter because it is done. I just don't have
>> enough knowledge
 myself  to stand strong about it...I called my own
>> vet and she said she
 WOULD do the 5  in 1...so anyway...it is what it
>> is and I am just
 praying all goes well!!! Pray  too will you guys???
>>  Hugs In Him,
>> Deanna
>>
>> And the Corey Crew:
>>
>> Wife to my best friend: Mark-ie Pooh...married 29 years 6/27/10
 Mom
>> to 4 Children: Andrea 26, Jimmy 22, Baxter 19 and Molly 11
>> Grandma to 4: Lori, Evelyn Rose, Jack and Cameron
>>
>> Mom to Fur babies:
>> Nugget (MiniPoodle)www.dogster.com/dogs/1085245,
>> Shuai-Li (Shih Tzu)www.dogster.com/dogs/1129251,
>> Bella-Rose (Pomeranian)http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1136706
>> Mouse (Chihuahua)www.dogster.com/dogs/1005934,
>> Myrtle May (Chihuahua)
>> and Caleb (Rott/chow mix)www.dogster.com/dogs/988612
>>
>> Mom to feathered kids: Stella (Blue and Gold Macaw) and Stanley
>> (Double
 Yellow  Headed Amazon)
>>
>> and the curtain climber: Miles www.catster.com/cats/895000
>
>
>
> This email contains correspondence from an attorney and may contain
> privileged information. If you are not the intended receipient, please
> delete.
>
> Do not tell god how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your God
> is.
>
> http://taylorstots.tripod.com/
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
> Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>



This email contains correspondence from an attorney and may contain
privileged information. If you are not the intended receipient, please
delete.

Do not tell god how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your God is.

http://taylorstots.tripod.com/




------------------------------------

" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! 
Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to