Don't put his nose in it and spank him because he will not understand why you are doing that and will just become fearful of you and hide. You gave him too much room too soon. Small dogs are harder to housetrain and you have to be more vigilant. Try tethering like another poster suggested or just limit the room until he is older
-----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of william Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:29 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [Chihuahuas] My puppys stange bathroom habits My 3 month old chi has been doing really good pooping on the pad or not at all till he goes outside when he was living in the bathroom. I decided to move him in the living room, put all his toys on the couch and let him sleep in my bed. I put a doggiepad in the livingroom and bedroom. He just pees on them. He poops either by the bedroom door or the hallway. This morning he peed in the kitchen. I was told to put his nose in it and spank him then put him on the pad. I really don't like doing this and I don't think it's working. What's the problem? ------------------------------------ " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links ------------------------------------ " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

