Hi

I saw on TV (its me or the dog) that the best way to handle excited peeing dogs 
when coming home or when company comes over is to completely ignore the dog 
when coming in for about 5-10 min. don't look at him, don't talk to him, 
completely ignore him and go about your business until he calms down. Its only 
natural to come home and want to greet your little one, but if you just act 
like he is not there for about 5-10 min he will calm down enough to not pee 
when you do greet him. (hopefully) :) The peeing and excitement go hand and 
hand with some puppies and dogs. I do not think they should be punished for it. 
(My Opinion)  I thought the water bottle might be a good idea for my chi for 
aggression, but remembered that it will only cause them to think water is a 
punishment for everything including giving them a bath. 

STORY: Years ago (and I do mean years ago) I bathed dogs as a job. There was 
this one large shepard that when ever the owner brought him in, he would have 
to be almost carried in. He was super scared of the water. One time I asked the 
owner why is he afraid of water... and the owner (big biker type of guy) told 
me it could be because he chases him with the water hose in the backyard when 
he is does something wrong, like digging or chewing something up etc. I thought 
then that the dog felt the bath was punishment. I really felt bad for the dog 
after that. 

So my advice is to ignore the dog or dogs when coming in or when company comes 
over. No looking at, No talking to, just walk buy them as if they were not 
there and do something else. :) I hope this helps

Shanna
Visit my eBay Store For Childrens Wear
Specializing In Christening & Communion @ 
http://stores.ebay.com/Kavis-Christening-n-Communion-Store



 


--- On Mon, 10/4/10, Cathy <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Cathy <[email protected]>
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Jack and Baucho
To: [email protected]
Date: Monday, October 4, 2010, 5:57 AM















 
 



  


    
      
      
      Hi Folks

Jack is my little boy and Baucho is my grandchi, but both have the same 
problem. They get excited and they pee everywhere. I got belly bands for both 
and Jack wears his when we have company coming but he just lays and shakes and 
baucho will scream and fall over, yes he is a drama King. Any suggestions how 
to help these little guys, I am handling it better than my daughter in law. She 
constantly walks around with a spray bottle in one hand and cloth in the other.



Thanks

Cathy SC





    
     

    
    


 



  











      

Reply via email to