I use the Dawn with the Oil of Olay in it because my oldest has dry skin..
Remember it is on our hands so probably pretty safe.. As for flea eggs a
good flea comb works wonders.. I use the Hartz one found in most grocery
stores. I use the cat one as it doesn't have the handle and the chi's seem
to be more accepting of it. 

Huggles
Pat in OK 
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Mark Strassler
Date: 10/17/2010 5:26:22 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] New to grp =)
 



Hello:

I would check the vet on giving your pet a bath on how soon you can bath
after being spayed. It would depend on how the area where the stitches looks
 You do not want to cause or inrerduce any type of infection. If the area is
still red, sore, bleeding, then you need to wait. 

yes, Dawn used to clean animals from oil spills. Dawn is very good at
removing/breaking apart oils. Remember what Dasha said, it will kill the
fleas but not any eggs the fleas may of left behind. I do not know how well
it help wash out the eggs. Maybe someone can comment it if using Dawn will
wash out essential oils needed for the skin and hair ?  That is the reason I
would push for the use of Joy. I would do a google and do a lot of reading
on different types of flea dips.
Here is a web page I just started to read: 

http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/pets/execsum.aspd 

From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sun, October 17, 2010 5:13:46 AM
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] New to grp =)

  
Dawn is pretty safe... It doesn't have a lot of tha harsh chemicals that the
other shanpoos have... Dawn is used when they clean anims from oil spills




-- Sent from my Palm Pre



On Oct 17, 2010 3:14 AM, Kate Dale <[email protected]> wrote: 

  
Is dawn good to use on a dog that has been spayed almost 2 weeks ago?

Kate Dale

--- On Sun, 10/17/10, dasha <[email protected]> wrote:


From: dasha <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] New to grp =)
To: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 12:45 AM


  
Dawn works to kill the fleas on the dog but won't stop new ones and won't
stop flea eggs.




From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Mark Strassler
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:31 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] New to grp =)


Hello Mybug:

For inside to get rid of flees, it sound like you sre on the right track.
You might want to try using 20 mule team on the carpets and couches. I would
recommend putting your pet someone where they will not have access to the
rooms you are treating. Cover the carpet, floors, and couches and let set
over night. Come in the next day and vacuum like crazy. 20 Mule team
contains sodium tetraborate salt decahydrate which is salt of boric acid) or
Na2B4O2• 10 • H2O. Once the fleas come in contact, it will dry then out and
they will die. If you can get some roach proof, I believe it contains Boric
acid which is orthoboric acid or H3BO3 or B2O3•3•H2O. Boric Acid works
better than Borax but both works. You can also use 20 mule team as a carpet
cleaner. 

For the outside yard, spry the lawn with sevin bug killer or MALATHION
INSECT SPRAY. They city was most likely using a MALATHION INSECT SPRAY based
product. I used sevin at a friend’s house in CA with great success. I
sprayed the yard, trees, side of the house, walks, flower bed, .... Keep
their cat in the house for three days and the flea issue was solved. With
you being in Iowa, it is going to freeze soon, the freeze will kill the
fleas outside. 

For a fast treatment on your pet, you can wash your pet with Joy or Dawn. I
would think Joy would be better because it is more of a pure soap (less
chemicals) than Dawn. 

I have not referenced the following website in a year but that use to have
some good pointers. 

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/boricgen.pdf
http://www.natbat.com/docs/boron.htm 
http://shalompest.homestead.com/BORATES.pdf
http://shalompest.homestead.com/ToxicitiescommonInsecticides.html

Just a note from the Dial Corp that makes 20 mule team:

Q.      Can Borax be used to kill ants or roaches?
A.     The Dial Corporation cannot recommend Borax to kill ants or roaches.
The EPA has not authorized 20 Mule Team® as a pesticide.

Q.     Can I use 20 Mule Team® to clean up pet urine stains and odors?
A.     A number of spills on carpets or upholstery will cause stains or
leave offensive odors. 20 Mule Team® Borax can help on a few of these
problem stains. Before treating carpet or upholstery, test an unexposed 
area with a 20 Mule Team® Borax paste to make sure the dye is colorfast to
spot treatment. Urine odors  may be neutralized by dampening the spot and
sprinkling 20 Mule Team® Borax over it. Rub the borax into  the areas and
let dry. Brush or vacuum to remove the dry borax.
    
Q.     Is 20 Mule Team® safe to use around my pets?
A.     20 Mule Team® Borax is non-toxic, but if ingested in large quantities
 it has the potential to cause negative effects. If ingested in large
quantities, contact a veterinarian immediately.








From: mybug78 <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, October 16, 2010 4:22:53 AM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] New to grp =)

  
We own a 1yr old chihuahua named Lovebug. I wanted to find a grp experienced
with chihuahua's to ask about treating for fleas. Weve never had a flea
problem and what we are doing isnt really helping! We have had Bug on
Frontline Plus but its not working! And now we have fleas all over the
house! I vaccum at least 3 times daily and empty the canister into a bag and
place it in the garbage out in the garage (so if they get out they cant get
back in the house) We have treated our yard and everytime he goes outside he
gets more fleas UGH I really dont care to use the Frontline anymore as he is
having reactions to it! He now is getting bald patches where the treatment
is applied. We have tried flea baths, powders and spray and powder
treatments in the house and still no luck in getting rid of the little
boogers! They used to spray our town every Sunday for Fleas/Mosquitos but
stopped this year due to exspences of the chemicals but from what I
understand they will be doing it again starting next year because of so many
complaints to the city and also to the only vet in town about how many homes
are now flea infested!

Any advice? We live in a small town in Iowa and only have 1 small vet clinic
which only carries Frontline Plus. I refuse to keep spending $15 a month on
flea treatment that is not doing anything! If it was helping kill the cycle
of them we wouldnt have such a problem in the house with fleas!











 

<<attachment: cutey.gif>>

Attachment: SENDER_EMAILmskitty58@yahoo@@com.png
Description: unknown/unknown

Reply via email to