Hi Deanna

I will have to agree with you on your post. That is what this group is all 
about... reading & listening, learning and doing, or not doing. I have thought 
about the raw feeding. I am now feeding "Freshpet Select" natural dog food. 
They also make Freshpet Vital. This is a alternative to raw feeding. Blue 
Buffalo also makes a raw alternative "Wilderness", I know you know this. I 
don't want to change Ricky's food brand, so thinking of trying the Freshpet 
Vital. 
Does anyone on this list feed Freshpet Select or Vital dog food? 

QUESTION TO EVERYONE: How many of you add salmon oil to your dogs food? I would 
believe if you feed raw you will not add oil. Ricky has a nice coat, but I 
would like to see more shine to it. I was thinking to add salmon oil to his 
food. (he does not eat dry food). 

Shanna
















 




--- On Thu, 10/21/10, Deanna Corey <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Deanna Corey <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 6:01 PM


  






Well Marsha...when you see something work...repeatedly..in different 
ways...helping different issues...it is hard not to suggest it so that others 
can experience those changes and improvements. When someone asks for help and I 
have had the personal experience of something changing because of a diet 
change, then I would be selfish not to let them know. Obviously they can choose 
not to try it! Why is raw feeding such an issue for so many ???...I just don't 
get it!!! It is simply a natural way to feed that provides so many 
bennefits...it's not a political or religious issue for goodness sakes...it is 
just simple common sense...to feed an animal the way their systems were 
designed to take in nutrition. If you want to continue feeding what you 
do...fine with me!!! If you have health issues with your animals it is only 
wise to look at why and try what will fix it. If you have no health issues with 
them then you don't need to fix or change anything. Don't fix
 it unless it's broken but don't jump on those that have found answers to some 
real issues! Personally you can feed whatever you want...it is your right as an 
animal owner...but then I should get the same consideration...and I should be 
able to share PERSONAL experiences that work! 
 
Waggin' Tails in The Dog Park,
Deanna 

                                                             and
 The Dog Park Pack: 
Nugget, Shuai-Li, Bella, Mouse, Myrtle, Mable, Toby, Caleb and Maxine!!!
and honorary non-dog members of The Dog Park: 
Stella-Macaw, Stanley-Amazon, Miles the cat
www.joys4toys.com






From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thu, October 21, 2010 5:36:22 PM
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur

  

you know, honestly, that goes both ways. I personally don't have an
oppinion one way or the other re raw feeding, but it seems that the raw
feeders on this group are more the ones who refuse to accept any way other
than raw feeding. Seems every issue or question someone has, someone comes
back with the only possible answer is to feed raw.......
Marsha

> I agree with you Deanna but some people are very rigid in what they
> believe and refuse to look at any way but theirs
>
> _____
>
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
> Behalf Of Deanna Corey
> Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:18 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur
>
>
>
>
> I would disagree with you...my guys had spots that were thinner than
> others and changing diet did change their coats all over. Not only would
> a diet change of raw improve coats but would improve all aspects of
> canine health...it is simply a fact. I understand you are not in
> agreement with feeding raw but the proof is in and it just can no longer
> be disputed...may I suggest some very good reading:
> Ol' Shep's Well-being: A Natural Perspective
>
> by Euan Fingal
>
> (
>
>
>
>
> Waggin' Tails in The Dog Park,
>
> Deanna
>
> and
>
> The Dog Park Pack:
> Nugget, Shuai-Li, Bella, Mouse, Myrtle, Mable, Toby, Caleb and Maxine!!!
>
> and honorary non-dog members of The Dog Park:
>
> Stella-Macaw, Stanley-Amazon, Miles the cat
>
> www.joys4toys.com <http://www.joys4toys.com/>
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: charlierom2003 <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Thu, October 21, 2010 4:37:15 PM
> Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: Thin fur
>
>
>
> Since the coats are thick in most areas, you can know that it is not a
> nutrition issue, and since the dogs are otherwise healthy, you can know
> it is not a systemic health issue. Whats left is genetics, that is most
> likely, and not much you can do about that. I would be VERY CAUTIOUS
> about making any major changes in their diet or other care aspects,
> since I know you don't want to risk the health or well-being of the dogs
> for some (unlikely promises of) thicker hair here or there!
>
> --- In [email protected] <mailto:Chihuahuas%40yahoogroups.com>
> , Christy Sylvest <cann...@...> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Hi I have a couple of Chis that have very thin fur in some places. My
>> blue
> long coat has a great coat around her head, neck, chest and hind end,
> but on her back from her shoulders to just before her tail is very thin
> and corse. Any idea what I can do to help her coat? I have another that
> is white with chocolate blue spots (unrelated) and her spots are very
> thin and corse. they are a completely different texture than the white
> fur. The vet doesn't find anything physically wrong...just thin fur. Is
> there anything to be done to thicken and soften the fur? I have had chis
> with corser coats before...but it was all the fur and he had a very
> short smooth coat. Thanks
>>
>>
>>
>> "Whether or not it is clear to you, the world is unfolding as it
>> should."
> -Desiderata
>>
>> Christy Sylvest
>> cann...@...

This email contains correspondence from an attorney and may contain
privileged information. If you are not the intended receipient, please
delete.

Do not tell god how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your God is.

http://taylorstots.tripod.com/










      

Reply via email to