look for a kibble without corn and grains in it... way less health issues from 
diet. 
dj

--- On Wed, 11/17/10, Brea Hicks <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Brea Hicks <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again...
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 8:13 PM


  



I like wellness too... But sweeties not to fond of it. She loved the chef 
micheal I was feeding her... I might try iams again




-- Sent from my Palm Pre


On Nov 17, 2010 5:58 PM, Jacqueline Crawley-Ewing <[email protected]> 
wrote: 

  


This is purely a philosophical discussion for me, as I am way behind you in 
trying it.  

I personally would feed each type of food separately.  I have read that you run 
into digestion problems from mixing certain foods and rich foods.  If you only 
feed chicken wings the diet might be too restricted.  The whole bird offers 
something - organs, muscle & meat.  In the wild a dog might eat anything so 
treats or smaller meals of grain or veggies might be OK?  I had a cat I fed the 
odd raw thing to - she loved it.  I had no idea of a raw diet at the time.  If 
you start it maybe it will just suddenly be the easiest thing.

Eating at table: I used to feed my 1st cat a lot of my food and then it started 
to be demanding.  I had to un-train her and offer her treats at the end of the 
meal so my meal wasn't constantly being interrupted.  It took 2 demonstrations 
that food was only coming later, for her to wait patiently while I enjoyed my 
meal.  Enjoy the spoiling for now & know you can change it around. Ultimately 
we do what we like.

I like the Wellness Dog food too - 2 people have recommended it to me.







From: Kavi <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, November 17, 2010 4:14:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again...

  





LOL... no I do not eat raw.LOL  this morning I gave him some raw hamberger and 
he loved it. I find he eats more when fed our meat from dinner. My hubby is 
into the habit now of feeding him some of his cooked meat off his plate, so he 
is eating more of our food than his dog food. so I figured since he is going to 
eat our cooked meat etc. why not try raw. :) Thanks

Shanna

--- On Wed, 11/17/10, Jacqueline Crawley-Ewing <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Jacqueline Crawley-Ewing <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again...
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 1:05 PM


  


LOL - but do you eat Raw!?  - you did say your dog likes your food.

They get everything they need from Raw [Chihuahuas site] - check out the Raw 
websites.  When they eat the bones they get the calcium and the meat offers 
everything else.  I think it's 80% meat 10% bone & 10% organ meat.  You don't 
have to feed it all each time but over the week the balance should be that.  
Organ meats are rich so only a little.

Veggies are not necessary but it is still a controversial subject.  Raw Veggies 
need to be really torn up to open the plant cells so the dog gets the 
nutrition.  I've read that pumpkin - not pumpkin pie filling - is a good 
vegetable to have around to help the intestines clean - either from 
constipation or diarrhea.


Lots here who feed this way - I don't even have a  dog yet!! - just an avid 
researcher.  Good luck - it will be interesting hearing how it goes.





From: Kavi <[email protected]>
To: Chihuahuas <[email protected]>
Sent: Wed, November 17, 2010 2:54:22 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again...

  





Hi everyone

I know we have about exhausted the raw feeding talk. I want to start feeding 
Ricky Raw. He likes our food so much that I am waisting money on dog food. So I 
would just like a very simple recipe for Ricky. I do not want to grind up food. 
I just want to mix like raw beef, turkey, or chicken, the livers etc with 
veggies and whatever else. what about vitamins? He will get all the vitamins he 
needs in raw? 

A meat, livers, veggies? and what about the raw bones? can I just put them in a 
baggie and use a hammer and crush them? 

I can read about raw feeding online, but who better to ask than the ones who do 
it here! 

Thanks
shanna













      

Reply via email to