I'm convinced on trying it... Now don't thet sell raw food already packaged at 
the pet store?



-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Nov 17, 2010 8:06 PM, Darcy Jacobs <[email protected]> wrote: 


 



  


    
      
      
      
if you put a whole chicken, bones, organs, skin, and all into a 
grinder its a perfect balanced diet..adding fish (canned mackeral bones and 
all, and a red meat once a week or even bi-monthly, its perfection. without 
grinding its hard to get enough bone in a chi so its best to watch poops... too 
loose add more wing bone too hard add more liver...if they will eat it whole 
dont grind. if they wont grind... a grinder is about 100. get stainless gears. 
 
darcy =)~...

--- On Wed, 11/17/10, Christy Sylvest <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Christy Sylvest <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] Re: OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again..
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 8:19 PM


  

Wings have a pretty high bone content.  If you do wings I would do every 
couple days and other days meat only.  You can leave the skin on.


 
"Whether or not it is clear to you, the world is unfolding as it should." 
-Desiderata 

Christy Sylvest 
[email protected] 



  

> To: [email protected]
> From: [email protected]
> Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:32:48 +0000
> Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again..
> 
> With the skin or with out? Also when you grind it do you keep the skin on 
it to grind as well? I recently found some dehydrated chicken fillets to give 
as snaks to Sissy and she loves them! Ellen
> 
> --- In [email protected], Darcy Jacobs <flyway7...@...> 
wrote:
> >
> > wings are a great first food!! for a chi... my danes got quarters 
whole. 
> > darcy
> > 
> > --- On Wed, 11/17/10, Deanna Corey <myowndogp...@...> wrote:
> > 
> > 
> > From: Deanna Corey <myowndogp...@...>
> > Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again..
> > To: [email protected]
> > Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010,
 6:40 PM
> > 
> > 
> >   
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >  Simple raw diet for Ricky...start with Chicken breasts...cut 
in in little pieces he won't chock on...don't feed skin. Let him have fun 
chewing on the bones. Or...just toss the kid a wing!!!
> > Waggin' Tails in The Dog Park,
> > Deanna 
> > 
> > 
                                                            
 and
> >
  The Dog Park Pack: 
> > Nugget, Shuai-Li, Mouse, Myrtle, Mable, and Caleb  and honorary 
non-dog members of The Dog Park: 
> > Stella-Macaw, Stanley-Amazon, Miles the cat
> > www.joys4toys.com
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > From: Kavi <kaviescontin...@...>
> > To: [email protected]
> > Sent: Wed, November 17, 2010 3:21:42 PM
> > Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again..
> > 
> >   
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Hey Peggy
> > 
> > I did try Ricky on Wellness recently. I did the small breed chicken 
kibble too along with canned. Yes the wellness kibble was the first he had ever 
eaten, but now it just sits in the bowl. he never eats it. (money down 
the drain) and even the freshpet
 select that I buy, he still eats it but very little and I have been throwing 
alot away. As far as by-products in dog food, I understand what you are saying. 
If you do a google on dog food by products you will find out the difference. 
what goes into dog food is nasty old diseased, road killed, rotten animal 
parts. With raw feeding, you are giving them fresh wholesome meat from our 
stores. In the wild, animals do not eat old, rotten, diseased, road 
killed animals, they kill there food and eat it right then when its concidered 
fresh. raw bones do not splitter. cooked bones do. bigger dogs can eat the 
bones raw as they come...but I myself would chop up the bones for my Ricky. I 
would think it would be
> > cheaper also, if you just have one or 2 small dogs. You can get 
chicken marked down at the store, chop it up and freeze it. I know for a fact, 
that I will never ever feed Ricky any food that has by-products or other crap 
in it. If I dont
 feed raw, then I will cook human meat for Ricky. The way I look at it now, is: 
"Would I eat that"? meaning the raw food I would feed Ricky would I eat if I 
can cook it. 
> > Would I eat dog food out of a can?  not unless I have not eaten 
in a month and needed to do it to stay alive. Many dogs do not have a choice 
between better or raw food, or canned crapy food that they are fed. they can 
not talk to us and tell us and they can not cook or shop for them selves. (I am 
being a bit extreme here... but) these are our babies we love so much. part of 
our family like a child. we spoil them rotten, why not feed them that way? 
> > 
> > I would just like a simple raw diet for Ricky as I said in my orignal 
post. 
> > 
> > Shanna
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > From: Peggy & The Girls <phr...@...>
> > Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding
 again..
> > To: [email protected]
> > Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010, 1:47 PM
> > 
> > 
> >   
> > 
> > 
> > For any one who can answer my questions to:
> >  
> > From what I understand is that a dog has to be on all raw 
or on all kibble diet, I have gotten the impression that you can't mix 
both. Or maybe I am wrong?  I also understand that if you go raw, they 
have to have the bones as well, and in order to avoid splinters from the bones, 
it Has to be grinded. Yet someone posted a picture of their dogs eating a 
whole
> > raw turkey, so I am confused on the grinding issue!!  I would 
think for a dog that doesn't have a lot of teeth like my Gigi (I adopted 
her that way) that raw wouldn't be a good idea because she can't chew as good 
as she should. Which also makes me wonder what will
 raw fed owners do when their Chi's get into their senior years and loose 
teeth? 
> >  
> > I am also confused about people saying that the by products of 
chicken and beef is bad for dogs, yet, if you feed raw, they Are eating the 
by-products of the animal, so what's the difference?
> >  
> > What I also find interesting is that I had two Maltese PM 
puppies (RIP) that were supposedly never to have made it past the first couple 
of days that I owned them because they were so sick with being overdosed with 
Parvo shots, were on a diet of  Iams kibble and milk bones for their 
whole life and never saw a Vet except for their shots, and only had their teeth 
cleaned once, and never lost any teeth, and yet they both lived to 14 yrs and 
16.6 years old, with no health issues. The only people food that they 
ever had was egg and cheese. I had always kept them on a strict diet of their 
own food and
 never gave them the leftovers. It just makes me wonder if all of the 
controversy over raw and natural kibble diets is really worth it. In fact 
I look back at all the dogs that I had prior to the Malteses, and they 
all lived to 14 to over 16 years old and never saw a Vet. None were ever on HW 
and Flea Spot stuff either. Some never even had Boosters or
> > a Rabies shots either. I some times think that more health 
issues are related to the shots and flea and HW stuff then their 
diet. And Iams kibble was the only food I ever fed any of them. They were 
all different breeds to. It all just makes me wonder..
> >  
> > I'm not a raw feeder, but I wanted to tell you that if Ricky is a 
picky eater, like my Princess is, then, have you ever tried the Wellness 
Chicken kibble? Princess has never been big on eating, but now that she has 
been on the Wellness Chicken, she looks forward to meal
 time and even ask for seconds, They breed and raise their own chickens and 
everything is processed in their own plant, so you don't have to worry about 
cross contamination. It's mostly pure chicken plus veggies and the omegas are 
added in, no fillers, preservatives,artificial colors etc.. The chicken type is 
a larger chunk, so for Gigi, I put her portion in the blender and chop it 
smaller, and I have noticed by doing this that she is not downing the chunks, 
but now takes her time in eating it.
> >  
> > I did not like the turkey and fish blend, which is marked for small 
breeds because her poop and breath stank. She actually likes the Chicken 
better.The chicken blend is called Super 5 Complete Health blend and is all 
natural. I tried other brands and this was an instant hit. Their canned chicken 
is 95% pure chicken. If you email them, they may send you samples.
> >  
> >
 
http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=dog&pid=52&dm=completehealth
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > 
> > ♥ Peggy & The Girls ♥
> > 
> > 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Kavi <kaviescontin...@...>
> > To: Chihuahuas <[email protected]>
> > Sent: Wed, Nov 17, 2010 2:54 pm
> > Subject: [Chihuahuas] OK, lets talk Raw Feeding again...
> > 
> > 
> >   
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Hi everyone
> > 
> > I know we have about exhausted the raw feeding talk. I want to start 
feeding Ricky Raw. He likes our food so much that I am waisting money on dog 
food. So I would just like a very simple recipe for Ricky. I do not want to 
grind up food. I just want to mix like
 raw beef, turkey, or chicken, the livers etc with veggies and whatever 
else. what about vitamins? He will get all the vitamins he needs in raw? 
> > 
> > A meat, livers, veggies? and what about the raw bones? can I just put 
them in a baggie and use a hammer and crush them? 
> > 
> > I can read about raw feeding online, but who better to ask than the 
ones who do it here! 
> > 
> > Thanks
> > shanna
> >
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! 
> Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/
> 
> <*> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
> 
> <*> To change settings online go to:
>
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/join
> (Yahoo! ID required)
> 
> <*> To change settings via email:
> [email protected] 
> [email protected]
> 
> <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email protected]
> 
> <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> 



      


    
     

    
    






  
  
  







Reply via email to