With Monster, it helped him if I ignored him and walked around some. Since he 
followed me everywhere, walking around made him have to go through all the dogs 
and eventually he began to do it on his own. I don't remember how long it took 
him to warm up to all the chis but I know it took a while. At least 6 meetups 
or more. I don't know if it'll help Emiliano but maybe you could try it at the 
next couple meetups and see if there's any change in him. Although it doesn't 
look like he wants to follow you around much. So maybe if you walked to the 
other side of the yard and put him down he would have to walk through all the 
dogs to get to the corner he likes to stay in. Maybe after a few times of that 
he'll start feeling more comfortable. Just don't expect anything to happen 
soon. You have to be really really patient because it may seem like its not 
working but then a few meetups later he might just have a breakthrough. I hope 
this helps.

Lorena
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:46:39 
To: <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Chihuahua Meetup



Central Texas  is known for allergies because of all the trees, especially 
the cedar.  I  never used to have trouble with allergies but this year its 
been an ongoing  battle, from mold to cedar and everything in between.
Now about the Meetup, when we first get there, we are greeted at the gate  
by lots of barking dogs, I take Emiliano's leash off and put him down on the 
 ground with the rest of the dogs.  He either walks around by himself or  
goes and sits in a corner of the yard, if too many dogs try to sniff on him, 
he  starts looking stressed and he will come and either get under my chair 
or ask me  to pick him up.  At this point, I usually pick him up for a while, 
then put  him back down.  Should I do that or should I just ignore him in 
hopes that  he's start mixing with the other dogs?  any suggestions?
 
Gloria

Reply via email to