Yes that was on the side effects. But it is the only vet prescribed dip available. And the vet and I discussed it but he downplayed it saying he has never experienced any problems with his patients. The effects are not lasting but it spooked me enough that I will find another way to deal with the mites if necessary. Also one of the things discussed was he was in his two week application time when he ingested something and ended up in ER. The Vet said it might have been that whatever he ingested reacted negatively when mixed with the dip. Everything is so complicated these days from food to what you put on them.
From: Peggy & The Girls <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Flea meds?
|
Wow.... that's why I am now afraid to use the new so called improved K9 Advantix on Princess. I am glad that you posted that to warn others. Did the label on the dip say what side effects can happen? Did you notify them that's what happened to Tino, so they can keep records of side effects?
I am seeing that a lot of these companies are following the same trend and adding a nerve killing agent to all of there products.
Peggy
-------Original Message-------
I will say one thing about those nerve killing ingredients. I realize the strength would be more in a mite dip application but it also stays on for two weeks. The side effects were horrible and after one dip I would not ever use it again. If it effects the nervous system of a mite or tick, it effects the nervous system of the dog. Tino slept for two days straight and had a complete personality change..i.e. aggression. The entire experience was frightening.
From: sheila <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:26 PM Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Flea meds? I know Sentry did not work for us. A lot I think depends on your animals and where you live.
| ||||
|
|


