On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Dan Kegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I bet you five bucks we can layer SSLClientSocket on top of
> TCPClientSocket by creating a little nspr i/o layer that
> talks to a memory buffer.  I did this with OpenSSL some time
> ago, I figure I can do it with nss, too.

That'd be nice.  Otherwise, we'd need to change http_network_transaction.cc,
which now constructs SSLClientSocket with a TCPClientSocket as argument.

> Plan: 1) stop reading mail and irc.  2) convert the nss demo app tstclnt.c to
> handle multiple clients and turn it into a little version of strsclnt.c, but
> using nonblocking io.  3) add the nspr i/o layer I mentioned, and
> don't let nss or nspr see any real sockets ever; handle all i/o
> to and from those buffers ourselves.  4) once that works, do the same
> thing in SSLClientSocket.  5) Profit.

I found that I documented the 'poll' method of PRFileDesc
two years ago:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/NSPR_Poll_Method

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll
try to clarify it in that wiki page.

Wan-Teh