On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Mike Belshe <mbel...@google.com> wrote:
> It's been this way for a while; the good news is that it should only
> happen on initial build; subsequent builds don't regenerate the
> bindings.

The problem is that I (and it seems like many other people) have
learned that you have to do a full build basically every time you
sync, because the dependencies aren't computed properly. Ironically
the biggest problem of incorrect dependencies is the generated files!
That's why I was suggesting the solution that will help both of these
problems.

 If 3 minutes is really too much for a full build, we could
> do your #2; hopefully the dependency checker would be smart enough not
> to rebuild them if they were checked in.   We'd have to find where to
> check them in as well, because currently they are built into the
> output directory (for both Release and Debug; perhaps we could just
> generate one set, as I don't think they differ between release/debug
> builds)

I think we would need a new DEPS entry for them. Ojan's WebKit sync
script could probably do the management of this automatically.

Brett