I don't disagree with the statement "you shouldn't let the renderer crash
the browser" but I'm trying to understand if a null window ref is an
expected value for those functions to handle.

If so, the Windows version should explicitly check rather than relying on
the fact that the Win32 APIs happen to handle that case by accident.

If not, we need to figure out why those null window refs are coming through.

Is there anyone who knows what's going on here and can answer this question?

Avi
/who just wrote this into code in http://codereview.chromium.org/47002