On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Nick Baum <nickb...@chromium.org> wrote:

> We want to start out with a very conservative approach so as to not be
> annoying. We considered using the hunspell suggestions, but we wanted
> something that captured one particular, common type of misspelling. However,
> I believe Sid has built it in a way that lets us test other algorithms,
> including using hunspell's algorithm.

That's still pretty easy to do with this -- you make your "distance oracle"
return 1 for two words that differ by a letter swap, and infinity for every
other case.  You get the same results but it becomes trivial to add anything
else you want later.

If you're saying you can accomplish the points I was shooting for by
tweaking the existing mechanism, you are right; I am simply suggesting that
this route will be cleaner, saner and more future-proof in the end.

PK