Thanks Adam for replying!

I have been trying another route of doing dynamic linking of all the
libraries generated during chrome build by converting them from static
(.a) to dynamic library (.so). That solved all my compilation errors
but now I get segmentation fault when I try to run my program so I am
back to square one!

Could you please tell me little bit more about --start-group and --end-
group around -l option. I am wondering if I can just put it around the
whole group of chrome libraries that I am trying to link or do I have
to identify groups that make up one required library ... e.g.
I need to link libwebcore.a and libgoogleurl.a
libgoogleurl.a  uses libbase.a ... then --start-group -lbase googleurl
--end-group --start-group -lewebcore --end-group

Thanks,