Okay, it looks like this change is sticking, at least until someone
discovers Yet Another Unintended Side Effect.  So heed the warnings in the
Git users on Linux:  this requires an update to gyp to work properly, so
make sure you "gclient sync" after you "git pull", or whatever the right
combination of commands is.  If you see Python stack traces from gyp
accompanied by complaints about looking up a "Dir as a File", make sure the
tools/gyp subdirectory is at r521.

        --SK