I'm hoping to be able to add Icelandic spelling check to Chrome  Before I
invest a lot of time I have some quick questions/observations:

I found an myspell/aspell dictionary for Open Office here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries#Icelandic_.28Iceland.29
and converted
it to bdic format using the instructions here:
http://dev.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/editing-the-spell-checking-dictionaries.
 When I replace a supported bdic with this one I can spell check mostly but
seen errors such as:
Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'candidate' was
corrupted. (suggestmgr.cxx:680).
Any pointers on where to start?  I don't know if the dictionary/conversion
are at fault or hunspell.

distribute it?  I want of course the Language Selection UI to have Icelandic
and support automatic download of the dictionary.

Improvement: If I find issues with either hunspell or the dictionary itself
should I work on it in the context of hunspell (which seems to be dormant
from their dev mailing list) or what?

For the curious more information on Icelandic is here:
http://www.iceland.is/history-and-culture/Language/#Grammar

Sverrir