http://www.codexon.com/posts/a-real-benchmark-real-websites-with-chrome-firefox-opera-safari-ie

Brief summary:
- measures warm-disk-based snapshots of real websites
- hand-injected <script src> into pages that uses
addEventListener("load") / attachEvent("onload") to tell when load is
done (I wonder if parallel script loading plays into it?)
- statistical methodology isn't the greatest
- concludes with a three-way tie between Chrome, Safari, and Opera

Both Chrome and Safari are similarly significantly slower (around
200ms over IE/FF/Opera) for their Baidu test.
WebKit bug or measuring bug?

This makes me wonder if it'd be helpful for us to publish a blog post
on "how to do a benchmark".  Would mention stuff like whether
DOMContentReady includes image loads completion on all browsers (I
certainly don't know), geometric mean vs arithmetic mean, whether we
expect networking stacks to have an impact on real perf, etc.