> Can you create a test page that works differently in Firefox and
> Chrome?  If so, that's a strong argument that we should change our
> behavior to match Firefox.

Yes, I have been using such pages for the past 2 weeks in an endeavour
to get my NPAPI Plugin to download over the internet under Chrome ...

If I use Chrome to load the same page that I use for "Firefox" (which
references a .XPI file which is the Firefox recommended packaging), it
fails to install the plugin saying " "No plugin available to display
this content".  The page contains an EMBED tag similar to the
following:

<embed id="MY_PLUGIN" type="application/my-plugin"
       width=640 height=480
       pluginspage="http://mysite.com/test/npapi/firefox/
npmyplugin.xpi">

If I use a more Chrome-tailored EMBED tag (that references a .CRX
file), it similarly fails to install the plugin saying "No plugin
available to display this content".  The page contains an EMBED tag
similar to the following:

<embed id="MY_PLUGIN" type="application/my-plugin"
       width=640 height=480
       pluginspage="http://mysite.com/test/npapi/chrome/
npmyplugin.crx">

> If you can create one that works
> differently in Safari and Chrome, that's an even stronger argument
> because we aim to be as compatible as possible with Safari.

I haven't got round to supporting Safari yet, so cannot offer a view
on that area at the moment.