On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Darin Fisher <da...@chromium.org> wrote:

> In this case, because the method will be part of the WebKit API, we'll have
> natural reluctance to remove the method.
> In general, however, I don't know that a comment like that is enough.  It
> doesn't give me a way to eventually delete the method if it should become
> unnecessary to you.  I think the only solution is for you to add a consumer
> to the Chromium code base, and then setup a buildbot that builds
> and preferably exercises that consumer.  Then, if someone sees the function,
> they will be able to know who cares about it.
>
> Without something like that, you can be pretty much guaranteed to repeat
> this experience in the future.

What kind of consumer do you have in mind?  Are you thinking improvements
and additional test cases for test_shell, or something completely
different?  Personally, I'd love to see the chromium embedded framework
become part of the Chromium code base (with a full set of related test
cases, builders, etc) but that might not be a popular option ;-).